Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chips and coffee ... I'm very sad!!!

My gosh, it's amazing how much I take for granted! Had a hankering for something salty last evening and ... Started to think... Chips... DARN! Out of area. I must say, I have been drinking coffee, it's partially a contribution to my family, friends, and peers at school ... I'd be a coffee creep (withdrawal) if I did not have my cup of Joe in the morning. I did however cut back and have limited myself. Baby steps! I'm getting potatoes this Friday and making my own frys, all else is going good although bad habits are hard to kick ... Thinking Quiche would be a great dinner thing as it's cheese and green stuff, local eggs are easy to come by and it's yummy!

Good luck everyone,
Heidi

2 comments:

bookworm said...

LOL--I was thinking quiche too!! We have some very yummy organic eggs, and I LOVE quiche (even named one of our old dogs after it...he full name was Quiche Lorraine :) We were pretty poor back then, and named all of our pets after food--just in case! LOL

Go Green Manitowoc said...

Make your own chips....
1. either make your own tortillas or buy locally made tortillas.
2. use a pizza cutter to cut into skinny wedges.
3. lay out on a cookie sheet.
4. sprinkle with olive oil and seasonings of choice (i.e. curry, salt&pepper, etc)
5. bake until crispy, golden.

especially good if you eat with homemade salsa :-)