Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mmmmm.....that quiche looks delicious! I have to say, when I first signed up for this I thought it would be alot easier than it actually is turning out to be. It's really made me look at everything that we eat, including the ingredients that go into all of our meals. The flour I used to bake my bread wasn't locally produced, although it was locally purchased. The same is true for olive oil, salt, pepper, etc. We've had quite a bumper crop this year in the garden so I have lots of fresh and frozen produce. I know I can get locally grown meat from Rob's (thanks for the tip Heidi!) and other local grocers. I know I won't be able to give up coffee. And I've already gotten a little bit off track by going out for fish on Friday! I guess I'm going to have to settle for being a partial Locavore.

1 comment:

Dr. J said...

It is hard! Thanks for the tip about Rob's--I don't eat meat, but I've heard they also have local produce too. I need to check it out one of these days:)